Shri Ramayan Express
Shri Ramayan Express: The Indian Railways has started the Shri Ramayana Express train to go to places associated with Lord Ram. It was flagged off from Safdarjung station in Delhi on Wednesday and the circuit will have two travel components, one each in India and Sri Lanka. After leaving Delhi, the train will make its first stop in Ayodhya followed by Hanuman Garhi Ramkot and Kanak Bhawan temple. The train will then cover the important destinations of Ramayana circuit such as Nandigram, Sitamarhi, Janakpur, Varanasi, Prayag, Shringverpur, Chitrakoot, Nasik, Hampi and Rameshwaram. The journey will take 16 days and costs over Rs15,120 per person. One can go further, if he/she chooses, to Sri Lanka by air by paying over Rs 36,970.
The tour package will cover all meals, accommodation and wash and change facilities in dharmashalas, all transfers, sight-seeing arrangements, and dedicated tour manager of IRCTC who will be traveling with the tourists during the entire tour.
On board the Shri Ramayana Express, there will be actors dressed up as Ram, Laxman, and Sita (one wonders whether there will also be a Hanuman, complete with his tail) to entertain passengers on the trip. Now, what is one to think of all this?
Here are key things to know about Indian Railways’ ‘Shri Ramayana Express’:
1. IRCTC offers to run ‘Shri Ramayana Express’ special Tourist train on Ramayana circuit covering the prominent sacred places associated with the life of Lord Rama. An add-on tour is also designed to visit the places of Ramayana located in Srilanka.
2. The ‘Sri Ramayana Express’ train service will start from Safdarjung railway station in Delhi and make its first stop in Ayodhya.
3. En-route, Sri Ramayana Express will halt at Nandigram, Sitamarhi, Janakpur, Varanasi, Prayag, Shringaverpur, Chitrakoot, Hampi, Nasik and Rameshwaram.
4. Passengers can choose to travel to Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka from Chennai by flight also.
5. There are 800 seats up for grabs on the train.
6. The bookings for the trip will be done in the standard category only.
7. The package will include travel, accommodation, food and sight-seeing arrangements also, tweeted Piyush Goyal.
8. Tour manager will be accompanying the passengers during the trip, tweeted Piyush Goyal.